Congregational Goals - Meeting #29
Forward Chats, Winter 2019-20 (Meetings #24 through #32)
Apologies to everyone for not keeping up with these reports. Chairing the Central Board created a heavy workload, and the notes from Forward Chats tended to get moved to the back burner. Writing on May 10, 2020 (Mother’s Day), I am reporting on nine meetings held from November 2019 through March 2020. In most cases, the whiteboard notes were brief. In a few, there were none taken. I am reporting what information I can find.
Meeting #29 – January 19, 2020:
Congregational Goals (after PowerPoint presentation)
This session was held after church on the Sunday when the Board presented PowerPoint about the Congregational Goals for 2020 (which were later approved in a congregational meeting on February 16). The slide show is available on the board website here:
The notes from this Chat are rather miscellaneous:
Regarding the 2020 Goals:
· Put the goals/PowerPoint on the website [they are] and in the Spire.
· Change a slide about Worship Design so that Creative Spirit is listed for March 8
· Speed dating at coffee hour
Regarding working teams:
· In the next Spire, list who’s on each working team.
· Have tables at a fellowship coffee hour with working teams displaying the kind of work they do – you have to go
Regarding Forward Chats:
· Reiterate that Forward Chats is open to all, and invite new participants.
Regarding plans for the workshop to gather information for the Church Profile
· Approved the idea of a 4-hour workshop on Saturday February 8th, 8:30 – 12:30
· Do a Doodle Invite and a “save the date” message
· Carousel brainstorming